Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's a Classic!

This story is from a little while ago and involves my oldest, Sandy.  Sandy is a very precocious little girl.  She is also very vocal (she knew over 300 words by the time she was 18 months old!).  She is constantly making me laugh, or pause to think with the things that she says.  (She can also irritate me faster than the others, but I guess that just comes with being the oldest! LOL)

In this particular story, we were riding home from my mother's house, which is across town, and she was about 3 or 4 years old at the time.  She had been watching the movie "The Chipmunks' Adventure", where they fly around the world vs the Chipettes, over and over again.  She particularly loved the song, "Woolly Bully" and we were singing it over and over again as we drove along.  On about the 10th round of "Woolly Bully", I had had enough of singing and the following conversation took place:

Sandy:  "Let's sing it again, Mommy!"

Me:  "My voice is tired.  Why don't you sing it for me?"

Sandy:  low whisper coming from the back seat

Me:  "No, no, you gotta sing it where I can hear it!"

Sandy:  sigh.  "I'm singing it to God."

Me:  Laugh.  "Oh!  Does He like that song?"

Sandy:  "Of course, Mommy.  It's a classic."  (said in the most blase, everyone should know this information kind of voice!)


I laughed so hard that I almost wrecked the car!  I couldn't believe that she knew what a "classic" was!  Guess she'd been listening to Robbie and I talk about music!  This is just one of about a thousand "Sandy stories" of little insights from her perspective!  I love my daughter.  She might frustrate me from time to time, but life would certainly be dull without her!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the oldest. We seem to expect so much from them, etc. I don't know how many times I've pre-apologized to Benjamin and explained to him that since he's the oldest, he's the "experimental subject" and I'm probably gonna make all my mistakes with him and that he's gonna be the one that has to deal with the inexperienced mommy for his whole life. Poor kid...

    ReplyDelete