Monday, October 18, 2010

Looking forward to the weekend!

I'm super excited about this upcoming weekend!  Our church is taking a Family Retreat up to the mountains at a bible camp that I used to go to as a kid.  I probably haven't been in about 10 years!  I'm also excited because my hubbie gets to come with us-which is a rare treat because he generally has to work (seemingly) 24/7 for Mr Italian Krabs-and Atticus will be going too!  It's the first "vacation" we've gotten to take as the 5 of us.

My husband, however, is less than thrilled.  Don't get him wrong.  He's happy to be going and spending time with the family, and the folks from church.  What he's not thrilled about is the schedule.  We're supposed to be up at 7am....on Saturday.  This was not what he thought we were going to be doing.  I'm not exactly sure what he thought we'd be doing, but 7am was definitely not part of it! LOL!  When my sister brought us a copy of the itinerary, he just looked at it, then at me, and said, "You tricked me."  Poor guy.  He'll get over it! :)

The kids, of course, are thrilled!  They're happy that Daddy gets to come, that Atticus gets to come, and that they're gonna actually get to go to the mountains!  (We've made a few trips to the beach, a trip to Disney, a trip to DC....but I think this is the 1st trip to the mountains for them.)  Sandy's also excited because she'll get to pack some of her warm, fuzzy PJs because it'll be pretty cold.  She can't wait.  Each day she asks me, "Do we get to go to the mountains tomorrow?"  Then she dramatically sighs, slouches her body and says, "I'll NEVER get to go to the mountains!"  She's such a drama queen.  Maybe not for a 5 year old little girl.....maybe that's the norm.  But she is particularly precocious. Everything is over the top.  (ie Her favortie expression is, "Oh my goodness!  That (referring to whatever you happen to be talking about) just made my brain explode.....")  She's hilarious.  Such the comedian.  Just like her father!

Anyway, we'll see how this weekend goes!  Hopefully we have room to pack everything in the car! LOL :)

1 comment:

  1. Mom told me that the guys had to cook breakfast, and all I could think was "Poor Robbie". Dude cooks all day at work, and now he's gotta cook on vacation, lol!

    ReplyDelete